Saturday 11 February 2012

First post

I have blogged in varous places before, so blogging is not new to me, although blogging as a whole has changed loads since I started.  I'm slightly nervous about starting this blog though as it is to be about a huge goal of mine, which is to travel with my family.  I have wanted to do this since I first had my children, oh 11 years ago now, and I have planned loads of times to do it only for it to not happen.  I'm nervous then, because actually time is running out to do it!  My kids won't be kids for much longer, they're 11 and 10 at the moment and if we want to do this, we need to do it NOW.

I'm going to have some progress bars at the side which I'm going to update when we get to our goals.  These amounts are also very much 'reaching for the sky' amounts and I'm not sure we'll get there, but maybe by writing it down the universe might help us.  The first one is for our campervan fund and what we need to save for first.  Then we need some actual money to do some travelling.  The third one is for saving Tesco points as we can use them for ferries and as we'd very much like to go to Northern Ireland this would help make that happen.

Ideally all this will be saved for and we'll reach our goals by April 2013.  That may be over ambitious, I'm not sure.  All I know is we have to start somewhere and start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.