Sunday 15 April 2012

1 year to go! Meeep!

15th April 2013 is our planned leaving date.  I wanted to wait until the school Easter holidays had finished so looking ahead that was the Monday after that.  I'm quite glad we have a planned date, makes it feel real somehow!

So for the next 6 months we'll be saying 'this time next year we'll be doing xyz and this time next year we'll be sat on a beach'.  I may bore people before long ;o)

Crantock Beach Newquay Cornwall




Veor Cove from Carnelloe Cliff Cornwall

Ooh beaches :O)

A year still feels so long away but when I think about clearing the house of all the stuff then I know it will go by soon enough and I'll feel like I want more time!  This will be the hard bit when we're going without and keeping all our money to one side and trying to declutter.  Yawn ;o)

Speaking of which, I made a bit of progress with my crud clearing venture (CCV :o)) and sold 5 things on a home ed buy and sell group.  So that is 5/1000 and £21/£1000 ;o)   I'm laughing at the notion that I have 1000 things I could sell, 1000 bits of rubbish I could throw out maybe, but to sell?  I'm pretty sure I will struggle, but it might be an interesting thing to track!  James is up for doing some car boots (I'm not sure he's *ever* done one in his life!) so we'll try and get one in for maybe June and then another at the end of Summer.  There are a few all year round ones so might fit in a third before we leave the house.  I have lots of local friends who know all about car boot sales round here so I shall have to pick their brains.  Any money we make is going to be extra towards a better campervan and isn't being counted on.  I might even make a page on here with things to sell, which might work if I start plugging the blog and sharing it round.  Something to work on.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your adventures sound amazing, and I can't wait to see how the journey unfolds :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.